Research Laboratory Services (RLS), a CORE facility of MaineHealth Institute for Research, offers quality laboratory testing and consultation services to scientists, clinicians, and industry. Our knowledgeable and experienced staff is trained in Good Clinical Practice, Responsible Conduct of Research, and Health Information Privacy and Security.
- bio-specimen testing
- assay design and development
- product performance assessment and validation
- 510(k) FDA performance testing
- specimen collection, processing, storage, and shipment.
In addition, we offer testing for human biomarkers on a high throughput instrument as well as by manual enzyme-linked immunoassays (ELISAs). These biomarkers include (but are not limited to):
- autoimmune disease
- bone metabolism
- cardiovascular disease
- infectious disease
- metabolic syndrome
- renal function
- reproductive endocrinology
- thyroid function